Summary of Role
Esoko is seeking to employ a competent individual for the role of Director of Operations. You will oversee the successful implementation of new and existing programs in Ghana and Africa for both NGO projects, Government based projects and projects within the agribusiness community. S/he will be responsible for effectively collaborating with the sales team for customer and implementation handover, the product team for customer feedback and service improvements. S/he will continuously develop operational efficiencies and drive project delivery innovations to submit project deliverables on time and within budget leading to long-term service contracts with repeat customers. You will work across the company to leverage skills and competencies as well as create a unique ecosystem of external partners required to make the services of the firm a success. We are looking for someone who is strong on process but is also a “blue ocean” thinker and strategist, not afraid of failing fast and knows how to pivot quickly, and passionate about the opportunity to lead ground-breaking innovation for a social enterprise that is driven by sustainability and impact. S/he is an outstanding communicator and team leader, an adaptive manager, entrepreneurial, and ambitious. S/he is deeply analytical and team-oriented with an interest in climate change, AgTech, data collection/surveys, and international development in Africa. Previous experience working with INGOs, agribusinesses, tech companies, or other private sector experience is highly desirable.
About the Role
- Leadership: oversee, support and coach the Ghana team in delivering their objectives whether it is, Project Implementation of Admin; develop tools and processes that drive operational efficiencies across the business; build technical knowledge and demonstrate thought leadership by committing to continuous improvement, pursuing workshops and webinars, reviewing professional publications, and sharing those insights broadly within the company
- Project execution: establish and maintain strong working relationships with customers, donors, and implementing organizations; effectively develop and execute activities against a clear work plan to deliver on contractual milestones and ensure high-quality and timely submission of reports and invoices to customers; develop and execute against a sound M&E plan that assesses outputs and outcomes across business and social performance indicators; actively problem solve and anticipate delivery challenges related to customer forecast receipt
- HR: work with the HR department to provide timely and regular feedback to colleagues and direct reports including annual performance management process; hire independent consultants and staff as required for project implementation.
- Coordination: collaborate with the sales and product teams to ensure smooth customer service, satisfaction, and increase lifetime value where pilots lead to scale-up
- Support: support the CEO and sales team as needed for business development activities from lead generation to presentations to follow-ups; support the CEO in board and investor reporting Requirements
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in agricultural economics, international relations, economics, business, technology, or another related field. Master’s degree (MSc, MBA, MPP) strongly preferred.
- At least 7-10 years of experience managing complex projects in the design, implementation, development, and deployment of mobile and web applications, especially for data collection and surveys, agricultural value chain digitization
- Skilled in stakeholder engagement and managing complex relationships from Executive to field level.
- Creative and original thinker-you are not afraid to chart the course in murky waters.
- Highly process driven but not a slave to a business plan.
- Quantitative – you are data-driven decision maker. Superb analytical skills and a mastery of data analysis; experience in both qualitative and quantitative M&E approaches are a strong plus.
- Experience and extensive familiarity with data analytics or data science using tools like Stata, R or any of advanced of the data analysis packages will be an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills and tech savvy
- Advanced oral and written proficiency in English. Ability to write very good proposals and reports is a must have skills.
- Have a consultative approach to problem solving for clients.
- Passionate about working in a business with strong social impact and about innovative technology.
How to Apply
We actively promote diversity, creativity, and professionalism in the workplace. To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com