In 2015, Ghana released its Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) for the UNFCCC. For its NDC, the GoG committed to generating 10 percent of the country’s electricity from renewables by 2030. The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur international Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Government has been supporting the Ministry of Energy (MoEn) to successfully carry out its mandates through the bilateral partnership programme, “Capacity for the successful implementation of the Renewable Energy Act (C-SIREA) Ghana”.
C-SIREA activities focus on policy, implementation and educational support in three key elements of the energy sector: grid-connected renewables and net metering, large-scale renewables and energy efficiency. The third component of the C-SIREA project ‘Energy Efficiency for Households/SME’s focuses on educational advice on best practices in households and SME’s to promote energy efficiency in the neighbourhood. C-SIREA’s key implementation partner for this project is Energy Foundation (EF).
Scope of work for Esoko
Esoko provided tech and deployment solutions to digitize the Energy Audit & Evaluation process of the ‘Energy Efficiency for Household/SMEs’ project through the use of tablet/android web-based app and a data analysis platform.
The following project objectives were achieved:
- Digitize the energy audit and review survey on android web-based app.
- Develop a data analysis and reporting platform for the energy audit and review data
- Train C-SIREA and Energy Foundation project managers on all developmental and analysis tools.
- Assist in the training of Energy Efficiency Advisors on the usage of the app on the field (both initial and review visits).
- Supporting and testing of survey app and analysis/report platform
- Make geographical locations and excel reports downloadable for further analysis.