Esoko is trying to change how projects and businesses manage smallholder farmers, suppliers and clients through the effective use of mobile/web innovations. The International Sales Manager will be responsible for defining the strategy, managing sales operations, preparing strategic presentations and proposals, speaking at conferences, and joining the senior management team in defining the strategy and objectives. We’re looking for someone who is strong on process, gets what agri-businesses need, and is keen to work in a private sector tech company with huge potential for social impact and scale.
About the Role
- Develop and execute Esoko’s international sales strategy and plan
- Manage sales team against targets and lead sales operations
- Use client inputs to shape Esoko product strategy and rollout.
- Identify and sell the company’s key products and services.
- Deliver strategic client presentations and proposals articulately and confidently.
- Leverage and build an international industry network through conferences, events, etc.
- Report directly to the CEO and partner with senior management on company strategy
- 5-7 years of sales experience.
- 3-5 years of experience managing teams.
- Born charismatic networker and strategist.
- Creative and original thinker.
- Consultative approach to deal-making.
- Process driven: value KPIs, CRM, targets, reporting.
- Passion for using technology for good, and for articulating end-user and client needs into a better product.
- Background in agriculture, or agri-business
- Experience working in Africa
- Advanced degree
- French speaker